The Board of SOE is offering 3 Fellowships for ophthalmologists-in-training, under the age of 40, or in the first 5 years of independent practise, from any European country.
The following fellowships are available:
1 fellowship of 6 months (6.000 eur)
2 fellowships of 3 months (3.000 eur)
Applications for these Fellowship grants are now open, until 1 May 2018.
Only applications which have been submitted via email to the Secretariat will be accepted. Please send your application including the following:
- Full Name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Your Hospital/Clinic Name
- Supervisor at your Clinic including contact details
- of years after graduation from medical school
- of years of training in ophthalmology
- Name of the Clinic/s you would be interested in visiting
- Subspecialty you wish to study there
- Please indicate if you have received an SOE Educational Grant or Teacher Grant in the past and if so for what year
- Please indicate if you have attended the SOE Congress and if so in what year
Please also send a CV and covering letter to support your application.
Please send all the above information to the SOE Secretariat at [email protected].
It is envisaged that the successful applicants will spend either 3 or 6 months observing clinical work in a relevant European Centre.
Please note that you should not contact the clinic or hospital you would like to visit while applying for a Fellowship. We will only ask you to contact the clinics or hospital if you have been selected for an SOE Fellowship, in which case we will give you further information. Closing date for applications: 1 May 2018. No applications will be accepted after this date.