26. sep - 29. sep
Dear member of Danish Ophthalmological Society,
It is my pleasure to invite you to the DOG 2019, the 117th congress of our society, which will take place in Berlin from 26-29 September 2019. “Ophthalmology: Our Field and its Future” is the theme of the congress to be held in the Estrel Hotel in Berlin.
For most of us, ophthalmology is “the most beautiful specialty in medicine”. In addition, it is also an extremely important, successful and appreciated medical sub-discipline whose supply mandate keeps growing steadily. In the interest of our current and future patients, this is something that we can and should advertise to those on the outside in regular installments, so that the relevance and appeal of our “small” specialty become more noticeable in the competition for motivated junior staff, research funding or other resources in the health care sector.
Intertwining foci of DOG 2019 will therefore be the communication of the fascination for our field that we and our patients have on the one hand and on future developments in ophthalmology on the other. How will future developments look like in medical care, research and education within ophthalmology?
Important Dates, Deadlines & Sessions:
- 4.2019 deadline for submission of abstracts and videos
- June 2019 notification of the authors
- 7.2019 end of early bird registration
- August 2019 main congress program online
All sessions in English are highlighted in the preliminary program.
- Opening Ceremony will be translated simultaneously
- International Experts Day (IED) on Friday
- Keynote Lectures on Thursday and Saturday
- Symposium of the Sektion-Uveitis with
- Aurel-von-Szily Lecture
- Joint symposium of the Sektion DOG-Kornea with US Cornea Society with Oskar Fehr Lecture
International Experts Day (IED)
This new format offers international DOG 2019 participants an additional platform for active contributions in English. The interactive update format will feature leading experts from around the world who will present current developments in their areas. With cutting-edge insights and outstanding expertise, these sessions in English are a highlight for all DOG 2019 participants.
Important Information for Middle Eastern European and Eastern European countries
- Participants will have free access to the congress (except courses and social program
- DOG offers travel awards of € 750 (to be used for accommodation and travel expenses) for the best 25 abstracts from these countries
Please register for the congress, courses and social program via online registration.
You may book your hotel online either after completing your congress registration or by using the internet link published at the congress website.
Please note, that the DOG will not cover any travel or hotel expenses. The DOG may cover expenses for participants who cannot otherwise afford to participate in the congress. In these cases, an application has to be sent to the DOG Board of Directors prior to the congress via [email protected].
I am very pleased to invite you to an exciting and innovative congress in autumn 2019 – once again in the capital city of Germany.
With warm regards,
Prof. Dr. Claus Cursiefen
President of the DOG (German Society of Ophthalmology)