First, Second and Third Generation of Laser Refractive Surgery
May 31st – June 3rd, 2017, Hilton Hotel / Resbiomed Sofia Eye Clinic
Course Director: Dr. Alexander Angelov – Resbiomed Sofia Eye Clinic (BG)
This 4 days course is designed to provide the basics for laser refractive surgery, including Femto LASIK, surface laser treatment (PRK) as well as ReLEx SMILE.
The course involves screening & patient selection, treatment techniques, imaging, side-effects, complications and their management. The use of excimer laser and femtosecond laser platforms is also covered. Practical demonstration includes use of the VISUMAX 500 and MEL 80 lasers. Live surgeries support the theorttical background of the course.
• To gain a basic understanding of the refractive surgery, and the basic knowledge needed to perform such a surgery.
• To better understand the indications, techniques and post-op management.
• To participate in live surgeries and wetlabs for ReLEx SMILE, Femto-LASIK and surface treatment.
• Theoretical background on excimer & femtosecond lasers
• ReLEx SMILE vs Femto-LASIK and Surface treatments
• Wound healing in PRK & Femto-LASIK
• Patient selection guidelines
• Complications (intraoperative)
• Wavefront Technology
• Objective vs Manifest refraction
• Biometry post-refractive surgery
• ReLEx SMILE Femto Refractive Surgery
• Management of dry eye post-op
• Ectasia (prevention and management)
• Live Surgery
• Wet Lab sessions
• Open discussion
Consultants and ophthalmologists considering the performance of refractive surgery or those who are managing refractive patients.
Course fee: €1100
Duration: Four days
Hilton Sofia Hotel – 1 Bulgaria Blvd., 1421 Sofia, Bulgaria
Resbiomed Sofia Eye Clinic – 144 Aldomirovska str., Sofia 1309, Bulgaria
There are a strictly limited number of participants for this course.